I've been working on a few new assemblages in the past days. I made one out of an old postal box door that I picked up in Maine this past summer. Since the door was pretty flat, I had to find a box to attach it to. Not an easy chore, finding the exact size, but do-able. I finished it up by putting a collaged photo in the little opening and am really pleased with how it came out.
I have about 5 really neat old dolls that I picked up at collectible shows over the past year. I had set them aside, waiting for the right time to pull them out and give them new life. I picked out one of my favorites, a bride with a lacy cream colored dress and created an assemblage. I wanted to emphasize the hard and soft textures, so I added metal hinges, nails and old skeleton keys. The effect is really quite nice. I am tempted to keep it, but listed it on my website if you want to take a peek.